WANT TO TRY ON SAMPLES FROM THE COMFORT OF YOUR OWN HOME? CLICK HERE!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this website. By accessing and ordering from this website you agree to be bound by the terms set out below. Any contract formed between ourselves shall be governed by English Law and any disputes that arise will be resolved exclusively in the Courts of England.
The website is owned, operated and managed by Kinetique Ltd (also referred to as Ethica Diamonds, us, we, our) with registered details:
Our company registration number is 07226665.
Our VAT registration number is 102320194GB.
Our contact details can be found here: CONTACT US
We take care and time to try and ensure our website is as accurate as possible, both in terms of prices displayed and description of products and services. All measurements displayed are approximate and any errors will be wholly unintentional. Orders will only be accepted should there be no material errors. We take no responsibility for colours of products not matching the colour displayed on your monitor as this depends entirely on the colour reproduction and capabilities of your screen.
We may make changes to the website at any time without notice or warning, including:
- Changes to these terms and conditions
- Changes to promotions, offers and discounts
- Changes to content and product information
- Temporary or permanent withdrawal of the website
Prices displayed are in Pounds Sterling and inclusive of VAT.
Where Sale prices are quoted, the normal price will have applied either online or in-store for at least 28 consecutive days in the last six months.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure all prices are correct at time of publication, we reserve the right to reject an order should there have been a material error in the price advertised at time of order.
Once you have completed your online purchase, we will send an email confirmation containing details of your order. This confirmation does not act as acceptance of your order as this is subject to the following:
- The product being in-stock and available for delivery
- The information and pricing being accurate
- Fraud and identity checks being passed (for which we use 3rd party services)
- Payment being authorised
Subject to the above, we will despatch your order and send an email confirmation to let you know it’s on its way. It is at this point that a contract will exist under these terms and conditions.
In the event that we do not accept your order but have processed your payment we will re-credit your account as soon as possible. This will be no longer than 30 days from receipt of your order. We will not be obliged to pay any additional amount as compensation for disappointment.
Each piece of Ethica jewellery is made to order and unique as it is not restocked or resold. For this reason, we cannot afford “buy-many-keep-one” purchases. Therefore, we would like to advise that unless you are wishing to keep all purchases that you make at the time of ordering, we suggest you keep your favourite piece in your order. After you have got your package and if you are not happy, then we will accept an alternative order.
We carry out identification checks on all orders to validate the details supplied within your order. This is to prevent against fraudulent card activity and to promote a secure shopping experience. Should we suspect fraudulent activity we may need to contact you to verify your information. If your order fails identification checks we reserve the right to refuse your order and cancel any pending payments.
Whilst we’ll endeavour to meet your promised delivery date, if we do need to carry out further security checks, there may be a slight delay with your order.
Finance is provided by Duologi which is a trading name of Specialist Lending Ltd, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. You will be offered the best rate available based on your personal credit history and Duologi’s credit decision policies.
Duologi is a trading name of Specialist Lending Ltd. They are registered in England and Wales (company number 10664999) and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (register number 774712). For more information please go to www.Duologi.com/faq or visit www.Duologi.com.
Our discount codes do not apply to orders placed with finance. Please contact us for more information and help with our promotions.
You can find more information about our finance here.
We will deliver goods as soon as possible to the address you provide for delivery. You can update the delivery address by writing to us before your order is due to be delivered.
The importation or exportation of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
Interest Free Credit is not available on orders delivered outside the UK. If you choose to pay for your order using Interest Free Credit your order must be delivered to your billing address. Interest Free Credit applications are subject to our credit partner who require completed documentation before approving your application. Delivery times advertised will therefore commence when we have authorisation to proceed.
At the time of ordering you will be advised of an approximate delivery estimate. Every effort is made to meet this delivery time although on rare occasions we may be unable to deliver your order within the advertised timeframe. Should this happen we will notify you of the delay and offer a revised delivery estimate.
Where a delivery time is quoted in days, this refers to ‘working days’ defined as Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays) when ordering before 1pm.
Delivery times may also be affected by circumstances beyond our control. Find out more.
If you decide to return your full order for a refund, any delivery charges paid will only be reimbursed if the item is damaged/faulty.
Any extra cost incurred for our Priority Service is not refundable in the event of a returned or cancelled order.
Our Priority Delivery costs an additional £70 and can speed the manufacturing process up by around 10 working days.
We aim to despatch orders under Standard Delivery within 5 weeks (more often it is less time than this) but during busier times, like Christmas, Black Friday or disrupted trading hours, both Standard Delivery and Priority Delivery times will increase and despatch dates will vary. We will always keep you informed of the expected date for delivery and will work with you to ensure that the date suggested is convenient to you. Priority Delivery orders will always be expedited and delivered earlier than orders placed through Standard Delivery, therefore, no refunds will be given for the Priority Delivery service unless the delivery date exceeds Standard Delivery, which is up to a maximum of 5 weeks.
We believe that all of our products are of the highest quality and will guarantee everything against manufacturing defects. This guarantee will be honoured by us on production of proof of purchase. These rights are additional to and do not detract from your statutory rights.
Please be advised that if you have your item altered, repaired, or adjusted by another jeweller or company, then this will invalidate your guarantee and render it void. To protect the guarantee, all work must be carried out by Ethica Diamonds.
We’re certain that you’ll love your purchase but, on the rare occasion that it’s not right, we’ll be more than happy to offer a refund or exchange. Simply return the unworn item to us in its original packaging and with all relevant receipts and documentation within 14 days of purchase. This offer does not include personalised items or special orders (see below) and does not affect your statutory rights.
To return your item, please follow these easy steps:
- Package your item up, ensuring all the relevant documentation is included in the parcel.
- Take the item to the Post Office and ask for a Royal Mail Special Delivery bag (free of charge) fill out the delivery address and your address on the back of the bag and retain your proof of postage.
- Ethica Diamonds is not responsible for damage or loss in transit and we are only responsible for packages once they are signed for by us.
Please allow 10 days for your return to be processed. If you requested a refund, it will be applied to the original card used to place your order.
Please return your order to:
PO Box 331
Please note: Orders paid for using Interest Free Credit need to be sent to the above address in order for us to process your refund.
We will accept returns and exchanges on most pieces (see below for exceptions*). Items must be returned in unworn condition within 14 days of receipt, and all paperwork must be returned as well. After 14 days, all sales are final.
Since our designs are handcrafted, all returns will incur a 10% restocking fee. This fee covers the labour required to resize and polish the returned piece. If the returned piece requires extensive cleaning or repair (or are in any other condition that prevents resale) we will charge a higher restocking fee, depending on the amount of repair work that’s required.
We are unable to offer exchanges or refunds on bespoke items or special orders. This means that we cannot provide refunds or exchanges on items that have been specially made to order for you, items that have been altered or personalised in any way, and products that are not featured on our website, but have been ordered specially at your request. Bespoke or specially ordered products may only be returned if the goods are faulty or were supplied incorrectly. This does not affect your statutory rights.
*These include all wedding bands, earrings, personalised engraved items, full diamond set bands and custom jewellery.
Whether shopping with us online, in-store or via the telephone, we hope you have a fantastic experience every time. If for any reason you feel the service you received hasn’t been of a high standard, please do get in touch with us so we can understand what’s happened and how we can make things better.
We love seeing your Ethica moments on social media, and we’d love to use them across our channels.
Please ensure you’ve read and understood the Image Usage policy before accepting our request to use your content.
We offer 2 parts to our warranty, one is for the jewellery itself and the other covers the Ethica Diamond and coloured gemstones.
Your new jewellery is covered against manufacturing defects for 12 months. Repaired or resized jewellery, carried out by us is covered for 30 days. Manufacturing defects may include missing pave stones (stones 0.02ct and under), chain detachment from a jump ring, loose diamonds, and loose prongs. Please note that jewellery will be automatically excluded from this coverage if it has been worked on by an outside jeweller or if it is outside generally accepted patterns of wear * (e.g ).
As each ring is made-to-order and crafted specifically for you, slight variations are to be expected, and are not viewed as a defect. If the damage is deemed outside of a manufacturing defect, we’ll always let you know the price of a repair before beginning any work.
This warranty does not apply to the replacement of a centre stone, or any stone larger than .02ct.
Manufacturing defects do not include general wear and tear (e.g exercising, gardening etc) scratching, stretched chains/rings, lost jewellery, or damage due to improper use, cleaning or storage.
ETHICA DIAMONDS & COLOURED GEMSTONES
A lifetime guarantee is given against manufacturing defects on all Ethica Diamonds and coloured gemstones, which includes loss of optical properties, discolouration, cracking or fracture to the stones.
- You are covered for the loss and loosening of any stones and/or loose claws due to a manufacturing or setting defect for 3 months following purchase or 30 days following a resize.
- A full 12-month warranty is provided on the metal against manufacturing defects. This covers things like porous metal during the manufacturing process/faults in the metal finish when the jewellery is first received etc.
- Damage or lost stones through normal wear and tear.
- Accidental damage which may have caused fracture/scratching.
- Jewellery that is returned without original documentation and/or proof of purchase.
- All loose stones purchased from us, that are not set by us. Once you pass your personal possession to a third party, it is at your own risk. It is standard practice that jewellers will not be held accountable for damage to your jewellery including any of your stones once you instruct them to carry out work. We cannot be accountable for anything that happens to a stone that you purchase from us once authority is passed on.
- Jewellery that has has been altered, repaired or resized by a third party.
- Rings that are worn together set in different metals and/or stones types may cause wear which will not be covered in our warranty.
PLEASE NOTE – These are examples and will not be covered under our warranty.
- Shoulder set rings or multi-stone rings that have been returned to us for resizing up, resizing down or rings returned to us for repair carry a risk of disturbing the side/shoulder stones in their setting. We will always take every possible precaution when we resize rings of this type and every claw securing every stone will be checked and secured by our setters before it leaves our workshop. However, once these types of rings have been altered from the original manufactured size, we cannot predict what may happen to it thereafter and responsibility then lies with the owner. Resized rings become more vulnerable and further disturbance to an altered setting can cause stones to loosen and/or fall out. Please ensure that you take extra care with sizing before ordering a ring with more than one stone because we are not responsible for the cost of repair to altered settings.
- Often with diamond jewellery, there is a “bedding in” period which is more often than not within the first month or two of the diamond jewellery being worn when it is newly set. It is more commonly seen in gold rather than platinum because it is a softer metal, but it doesn’t exclude platinum. As the precious metal is worn, it warms up and cools down which can sometimes cause stones to become loose and sometimes rattle and is no means a reflection of the quality of product purchased.
- Shoulder set designs, especially those with many small diamonds are more susceptible because the claws are so small and delicate, there is a greater chance for the tiny claws to loosen slightly over time which may lead to the stone eventually falling. It can also be caused by a clothing hitch that may have gone un-noticed or a slight knock which can slightly loosen the claws.
- Halo designs have small stones set around the centre stone. These can be claw set or channel set. Claw set halo designs are more vulnerable than channel set because the sides of the small stones are exposed, so can get knocked without protection, which may cause the stones to become loose or distort from their setting.
- The minimalist design of tension settings lacks the security provided by traditional claw settings and this should be considered before purchasing. This means that tension set rings need a little extra care. Exposed stones settings carry a greater risk of damage and so tension settings risk damage from knocks and bangs, particularity if set with larger carat stones. The stone will become loose if pressure from an outside force strikes a tension setting.
Any Ethica Diamond purchased 1.0 carat and larger, can be exchanged for credit equivalent to the original purchase price, less the VAT, for a new lab grown diamond that is of equal to or greater value.
In order to be eligible for upgrade, the Ethica Diamond being upgraded must be in original condition. We will not be able to accept an exchange if the stone shows any sign of damage.
- Upgrades are not available for coloured gemstones, settings and/or jewellery.
- Upgrade credit does not include duty, shipping or VAT paid on the original purchase. All applicable duties, shipping and VAT will be charged on the full retail price of the new stone before any credit is applied.
- Associated costs to set a new stone in your existing setting will be provided at time of upgrade.
- Some settings cannot accommodate a larger stone and will need to be remade in order to do so.
- Active discounts and/or promotions cannot be applied to upgrade orders.
Even with the best of care, jewellery pieces may require professional attention and if you wear fine jewellery daily, a little wear and tear is normal. We operate a non-profit repair and re-finishing service, covering all work carried out for existing clients.
If your Ethica Diamonds piece requires service – please Contact Us for shipping instructions. Upon arrival, our workshop team will assess the damage and send follow up information regarding the estimated cost of repair, if relevant, and the time required to complete the repair job.
Clients are responsible for shipping costs (to and from our workshop) for cleanings, inspections, and repair work.
- Promotions &/or special seasonal offers cannot be used in conjunction with each other. If codes are used together and more than one discount code has been redeemed at the basket stage of the payment, we will ask you to pay the difference or we will give you the opportunity to cancel your order.
- Introductory Discount that may be offered to new customers and will apply to single orders that exceed £1500. One code per customer may be used and any future discount is offered at the discretion of a member of our team.
- No discounts or promotions can be used against lab grown diamond purchases, custom made jewellery or wedding bands.
- Black Friday discount only applies to transactions that are over the specified amount and one item at the threshold amount or more will qualify. Bundled items which equal the threshold of the offer will not be eligible and any discount which is applied at the checkout on non-qualifying orders will be refunded.
- Offers and codes cannot be used on any items in sale.
- Our discount codes do not apply to orders placed with finance. Please Contact Us for more information and help with our promotions.
As standard, we use lab-grown diamonds in all of our jewellery that features melée (small) or accented diamonds which include shoulder set engagement rings, earrings and pendants and diamond set bands.
We are supplied by a trusted diamond producer for these sizes as they require very specialist cutting. The average colour is F/G and the average clarity is VS.
Multi stone and three stone rings will either be set with lab grown diamonds which complement your chosen centre lab grown diamond (VS or SI clarity) or Ethica Diamonds, (VVS/ IF clarity) if you choose an Ethica Diamond centre gem.
Links to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience. By using these links you will be leaving the Ethica Diamonds website. We cannot accept any responsibility for the content or availability of third party websites. We therefore do not endorse or make any representations about the sites themselves, any material found there, or any adverse results obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
If you would like to link to our website you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page. Such links are subject to the following conditions:
- you must not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the Ethica Diamonds logo
- you must not create a frame, or any other browser, or border environment, around this website
- you must not in any way imply that Ethica Diamonds are endorsing any products or services other than our own
- you must not misrepresent your relationship with us, nor present any other false information about us
- you must not otherwise use any Ethica Diamonds trademarks displayed on this website without our express written permission
- you must not link to us from a website that is not owned by you
- you must ensure that your website does not contain content that is: distasteful; offensive; controversial; infringes any intellectual property rights, or other rights, of any other person; or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations